About our team
The Notification Team's mission is to improve the relevance and reliability of notifications sent to our customers. We are responsible for all emails, push notifications (Android, and iOS), in-app real-time, and SMS messages sent to Box users. We have been focusing on re-writing our service stack to support exciting new use cases and improve our quality of service.
- Do you strive to build clean, well monitored services, that deliver a wonderful user experience?
- Do you like building in a modern, microservices architecture?
- Do you dream about deleting code from monolithic applications?
- Do you want a balanced work-life on a flexible, fun team?
- You'll architect and implement new components of our Notification Service
- You'll collaborate with teammates to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- Work with modern cloud technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll influence and work towards improvement across scrum teams
- You have 4+ years of experience with a CS degree or equivalent
- You prefer working with object-oriented programming languages
- You enjoy crafting elegant and scalable solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to encourage other people to work with you, solving for your team
- You have a passion for solving multi-data center scalability problems
- You've built, deployed, and supported backend asynchronous services
At Box, we put our employees first. We know the formula to delight our customers starts with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly shows are our #1 asset — through a dynamic work environment filled with hardworking colleagues, modern perks, and diverse social activities where everyone can participate while we do great work.
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and handle their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with offices across the United States, Europe, and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage everyone to “Bring Your Whole Self to Work,” one of the key pillars of Box culture. Learn more by checking out our page on !
Learn more about Box Engineering here:
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at
- Box Engineers share on
- Get under the hood, comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at
- Grab a free account and make your content more valuable: Hit us up at