Box is looking for a Manager to join our Strategic Planning & Analysis team. In this role, you will be responsible for helping develop and execute strategic planning and resource investment decisions. We work closely with the CEO, CFO, COO and the Executive Staff to form the corporate strategy, followed by planning and allocating resources aligned to the most critical supporting initiatives. You will help evaluate and determine overall strategy for Customer Success, which will include informing decisions around resource investment, headcount planning and creating business targets. You will also partner with senior executives in the organizations to forecast, plan and analyze business activities.
This role requires someone who can support world class strategic and financial planning methods, build long-range operating plans to support business imperatives, develop rolling forecast processes to ensure resources each and every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. This role will also help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting.
In this role, you will interact frequently with management and must become a trusted partner to his/her teams.
- Drive the strategic planning process supporting the Business Partners on the Customer Success team
- Become embedded within the Customer Success organizations. Establish trust and quickly understand the key drivers of the business, economic trends and core metrics to influence key business outcomes
- Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as:
- Retention & Consulting forecasts
- ROI on strategic investments
- Strategic resource allocation and prioritization
- Work closely with cross functional partners in Accounting, Recruiting, People and Operations to execute against plans
- Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to manage their resources in the best way possible
- Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
- Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of superior modeling and using analysis to influence decision-making. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and focused on driving towards results.
- 4-year degree from top-tier university with strong academic performance
- 5-8 years of experience in a quantitative role. Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
- Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferable), consultant, or experience at a top investment bank also desirable
- Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming a big plus)
- Able to create and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds