Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
Are you an experienced HR Business Partner who is looking to collaborate closely with senior Product and Technology executives in developing and driving key strategic HR plans/programs that are aligned with their business plans? Our successful hire will be a positive change agent who can drive large-scale and broad initiatives across Anaplan. Join us to assess and anticipate HR-related needs while coordinating and collaborating the efforts across HR and all business functions with other HRBPs.
Do you strive to develop and establish key partnerships across our business? We will look for the delivery of well-defined plans and advice to senior executives that reflect their strategic objectives, especially with regard to talent plans. If you are agile, think strategically, implement well and positively collaborate/influence across different teams, levels, and situations and are on the Eastern Time Zone, apply today!
- Strong functional expertise, including meaningful experience with compensation, talent acquisition, and business partner activities, but special depth in talent management
- Talent expert who can accurately assess potential; has a great eye for talent and can accelerate the development of talent
- High insightfulness, including quickly processing large amounts of information, connecting and integrating data into new solutions or a better understanding of problems, and identifying weak spots in plans and programs
- Loves business, understanding, and enjoying the business side of business. Knows everything about the organization’s finances and operations and how talent management affects both
- Builds strong relationships, actively networking within the organization, building high-quality relationships with key leaders and high potentials
- Consultant and coach, guiding leaders holistically on all things talent, team effectiveness, ways of working, and people management skills
- Knows the business well and understands what drives business results within their reporting areas, answer these questions for their clients:
"What are the business imperatives and key outcomes?"
"What are the recruiting, attrition, and engagement metrics, and how do the trends affect the business from performing?"
"What is the future talent strategy; what capabilities and skills are needed for the business to be successful?"
- Contributes through comprehensive and effective change management; helps shift the culture and ensures messages are received with clarity and visibility
- Serves as the connector between the business and HR; builds trust with business leaders and has the support of HR COEs
- Approaches problem solving using evidenced-based perspectives, using logic, and understanding how emotion affects decisions and implementation
- Effectively analyzes and identifies people issues that affect business performance
- 7 years of HRBP experience in a fast-growth/fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Excellent time management skills with a shown ability to meet commitments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business sense
- Bachelor's degree and relevant proven experience
- Occasional travel will be required
- Global (ideally with Canadian) employee coverage background
- Experience working in a Private Equity environment will be advantageous
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.