Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Strategic Growth - Supply Chain Practice to lead strategic growth by driving executive influence, entrepreneurial thought leadership, and strategic advisory with our premiere prospects and customers. You will be responsible for translating customer business strategies and challenges (including industry trends and best practices) into an appropriate Anaplan business value proposition and long-term success plan. The role also includes partnering internally with the go-to-market teams, marketing, and product organizations to align key messages, motions, and investments to what is most relevant to the current market conditions, customer expectations, and to Anaplan’s business success.
In order to generate a sales pipeline and accelerate sales execution efforts, you apply value selling methods, benchmarks, and tools to deliver comprehensive value propositions and industry-specific business content with clear ROI/TCO. Furthermore, they will build and maintain strategic partnerships with key decision-makers, both internally at Anaplan and with customers (especially C-level executives), and key alliance partners within the Anaplan ecosystem. Additionally, this person will represent Anaplan externally on specific business and industry matters (Industry events, seminars, webinars, etc.) while collaborating with Anaplan Product Marketing on GTM strategies.
- Ability to influence the opinions and decisions of clients using an understanding of the client’s current performance level vs. best-in-class maturity
- Proven skills in developing and standardizing content and thought leadership around critical components of the company’s GTM strategy. These assets include but are not limited to value propositions, competitive positioning, industry best practices, and references
- Target, cultivate and manage high-level client relationships (e.g. C-level, SVP, or VP) to build influence and trusted advisor status
- Recognize the service and change management needs associated with a client-focused business model
- Pilot innovative approaches to attract diverse customer groups by using domain expertise, field feedback, and partner takeaways
- Engage regularly with Sales Leadership to identify and align on prioritized opportunities by providing functional advisory to potential opportunities
- Experience building, delivering and selling business cases to executive-level audience
- The ideal candidate will have a robust demonstrated ability in Supply Chain Management and enjoy the art of selling
- Strategy consulting experience at Senior Manager or Principal level or prior experience in the position of VP or SVP for a large company in Supply Chain Management Operations
- SaaS/Cloud experience required
- Experience in technology-enabled business transformation projects
- Proven ability to effectively influence, communicate, and lead change with multiple partners at all levels of management
- Strong presentation and organizational skills; ability to tailor approach depending upon customer maturity, audience, industry, or function
- Strong leadership and people development skills
- Excellent listener
- Strong business and financial competence
- Ability to work in a team environment and share best practices regularly
- Adaptable management style to conform to the varied workplace cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to travel as necessary, roughly 20% of the time but could vary
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.