Data Science Manager
Anaplan is a leader and innovator in connected planning – a unique technology that connects all data and all plans for the largest companies in the world. At Anaplan, our mission is to make all planning for all people a reality. In today’s data driven environment, especially with the difficulties presented by COVID, it becomes harder to create reliable plans and forecasts, which makes Anaplan even more essential. Our Israeli office is the AI center of Anaplan and is responsible for all AI and Big Data solutions that solve these problems.
Our Data Science group is responsible for the AI algorithmic core of Anaplan’s platform. We create AI based solutions available to Anaplan’s non-data scientist customers by developing engines that connect to customer data and provide forecast/prediction results.
Our ownership ranges from innovative idea inception, POC, to its implementation within customer facing products.
Development includes working with cutting edge machine learning, deep learning, data manipulation techniques, NLP, deep data analysis and coding a wide variety of features to deal with customer data and meet customer needs.
Among some of our recent challenges are building time series forecast engines, predictive models, big data text mining/analysis as well as statistical challenges and improvement of algorithm performance and accuracy.
We are looking for an extremely talented and highly motivated Data Science Manager to join us and take the lead on one of our teams in the data science group.
- Manage a team of 3-4 data scientists, task management, roadmap definition, research & development guidance with special care for career path development and overall wellbeing
- Ownership over several production components: stability, correctness, performance and overall customer experience
- Work in collaboration with other R&D teams (BE, FE, data, devops, security etc.) as well as with product managers, project managers, customer success teams and HR
- Hands-on development of data pre-processing methods, including feature engineering, feature selection, sampling, anomaly detection, and missing values handling.
- Model, design and implement machine learning, deep learning, and NLP algorithms using Python packages (including Scikit-Learn, Pandas, NumPy, NLTK, PyTorch etc..) from POC stage through infrastructure development to a customer facing product
- Perform deep data analysis to evaluate algorithm performance
- Perform ongoing optimization improvements
- Implement R&D best practices to develop high-standard online and offline process-based code
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Science team lead
- At least 5 years of proven experience in algorithms development as well as theoretical knowledge in relevant fields (ML, DL, NLP, statistics etc.)
- Sc graduate with excellence – GPA of at least 90 from a leading university, or equivalent proven experience
- Strong code writing and design capabilities (Python or equivalent)
- Experience with big data technologies is an advantage (Spark, Map-Reduce etc.)
Anaplan Planning AI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mould, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 1200+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan’s platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree - Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Do you align with Anaplan’s Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers