Do you have a passion for security? Do you believe that it is not enough to just lock your house, but also to close every other entryway and to safeguard the key that opens that lock?
At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated ENGINEERING MANAGER, IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT to join our growing team in beautiful, Tel Aviv, Israel to be a member of the Global Engineering group located across San Francisco, US, London, UK, and York, UK. You will be embedded in the Platform Organization, in the security group.
Are you a creative problem solver who can both give and receive feedback? Do you lead with inclusion, collaboration and openness? We're looking for someone who thrives in a changing environment and has a desire to develop a deep understanding of our system and excited to solve challenging problems at scale while delivering new capabilities to our rapidly growing number of customers. If you value managing and developing people and want to help foster a collaborative, inclusive, creative, authentic culture — this is the place for you!
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll lead a team of engineers building Anaplan’s Identity Management Platform and Access Management. This is a backend engineering team, and you will be facilitating conversations with product and architects to build and design our evolving identity management platform.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Exhibit extraordinary communication and collaboration skills
- Effectively build trust and get stuff done by being pragmatic
- Engage in hiring and managing diverse teams
- Demonstrate your passion for engineering and your proven track record of delivering great software
- As an advocate of TDD; you will encourage code that is tested and testable
- Confidently display your Scrum master experience
- Coach and collaborate - you enjoy working closely with others, pairing and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work
- Ability to drive product and program conversations to negotiate tradeoffs between tactical and strategic goals
- Positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a really big deal for us…we're looking for really smart people who love solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done
More about you:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a hands-on software engineer, preferably in Java
- 2+ years as a people manager, with deep scrum experience, ability to provide clarity and context to engineers
- Good understanding of OOP and Functional programming.
- Understanding of basic security principals specially for writing secured code.
- Deep understanding of testing approaches and methodologies.
- A wide breadth of knowledge in protocols around authentication, authorization, applied cryptography, identity management auditing or similar.
- Experience with of symmetric/asymmetric keys, certificates and TLS
- Experience with handling massive load of requests and working with multithreaded and distributed services
- Ability to take ownership and full responsibility of the services / products you will deliver.
- Experience with K8s - bonus
- Track record of partnering with recruiting to build great engineering teams
- Active proponent of culture and enabling positive team dynamics in engineering
- Coach and mentor team members in their career goals
- Prior experience working with product managers and program managers to bootstrap projects