Under the direction of a Design Director, the Senior Designer will help to develop design strategy to deliver the best possible creative solution to brief and timings.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Landor & Fitch Fundamentals
- Understanding /awareness of the local aesthetic and culture when creating local and global brands, e.g. type, colour issues, symbols etc. for regions
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients’ requirements
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written and oral presentation forms
- Working with the CEO, Global Creative Officer and Chief Talent Officer on internal communications projects across the global Landor network
- Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader Landor & Fitch network.
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner
People and Team
- Mentors junior team members
- Builds partners internally across functions, working across all disciplines as an active team player
- Seeks out personal creative growth outside expertise
- Explores, conceptualizes and crafts design solutions
- Establishes and ensures delivery of strategic directions from concept to production
- May lead project work with ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at one time
- Effectively critiques work of others and can explain design direction.
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Problem solves, creates ideas and assists to develop and evaluate competitive design strategies and plans
- A sophisticated understanding of aesthetics and able to present design strategy and solutions to various audiences (including clients)
New Business Development
- Understands the importance and supports new business opportunities, events and pitch process
Project / Financial Management
- Supports utilization and quality across the project
- Helps with project organization and planning
- Works effectively and efficiently, communicating completion of work or awaiting approval
Competencies for Success
- Ability to deliver and identify good creative design
- Strategic thinker able to problem solve and has a can-do attitude
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Confidence in designing internal communication materials
- Ability to work with a wide range of corporate/consumer clients and across multi-channels
- Design experience in branding/ design agency
- Experience working within a larger integrated team (graphics, architectural and possibly digital)
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite and good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We’re working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity and belonging. We may not be perfect, and we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams and Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking and actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & Fitch.
Landor is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Due to the volume of applications, we unfortunately can only respond to successful candidates.
We will not accept unsolicited CVs or approaches via recruitment agencies.