Landor is looking for a Strategy Director to join our Tokyo studio. Could this be you?
We are Landor.
World-leading brand specialists.
Consulting. Design. Experience.
Connecting business strategy to brand.
Bringing every facet of brand to life.
Creating brand-led experiences for talent & customers.
United in our drive to make a positive difference.
Proudly part of WPP.
We build brands, designed to transform.
Our Landor Group also includes leaders in sonic branding amp, workspace & architectural design experts BDG and award-winning motion specialists ManvsMachine.
What you’ll do
Take ownership in translating data and the world around you into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations for clients. Then apply analytical rigor, critical thinking, and creativity to solve complex brand and marketing issues.
- Review data, conduct analysis, uncover insights, and prepare coherent and persuasive point of view and actionable recommendations for our clients.
- Create lasting impact by demonstrating industry-leading thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and restless intellectual curiosity
- Own and lead work streams, understanding how they impact the overall project.
- Lead and guide the wider strategy team to analyze and synthesize primary and secondary research to generate actionable insights for clients.
What you’ll need
- Experience within brand strategy, brand naming, product and portfolio architecture, creative briefing, campaign messaging and design principles.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of how brands and businesses work, including the role of packaging, product/service innovation, sustainability, and ecommerce.
- Open-mindedness with an inherent curiosity, and willingness to share fresh perspectives in solving problems.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels in both Japanese and English
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination.
Landor is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, colour, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.