The Sr Nursery Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of the vegetation cycle of all sustainable plants within the facility. In addition as a Sr Nursery Technician, you will be responsible for training of new employees, Implementing new processes and procedures and utilizing our seed to sale software and other systems to record the movement of plants as well as other required Information.
Safety & Compliance:
- Be aware of hazards in the workspace
- Retain and understand department specific training
- Report safety incidents/ concerns and comply with follow-up actions
- Be compliant with area safety requirements, state regulations and PPE requirements
- Follow GMP, biosecurity, sanitation or other quality and compliance requirements
- Perform record keeping accurately and completely as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Maintain and calibrate tools, equipment and machinery as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Report and escalate safety & quality concerns
- Caring for plant in vegetative state in either the mom, clone or veg room
- Tasks may include transplanting, cutting clones, watering, trimming, bottoming, topping, etc.…
- Depending on Cultivation needs you may need to participate In all aspects of plant maintenance.
- Reporting any issues to management to ensure a timely fix
- The ability to be cross trained to work in the Mom, Clone and Veg rooms.
- Responsible for Biotrack inputs.
- Use your hands and hand tools to perform plant maintenance activities including defoliation, pruning, skirting and other activities as required
- Meet production goals and maintain a high level of performance
- Maintain open communication with management team and co-workers
- Follow all SOPs, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Team Lead
- Follow department specific work instructions and SOP’s
- The ability to recognize different strains, requirements associated with the strain, growth patterns and identify anomalies within the plants
- Train new hires/transfer on standard SOP’s and work instructions in area.
Teamwork (makes the dream work):
- Participate in daily communication meetings
- Elevate issues to a lead, direct manager, and HR as appropriate
- Create a positive working environment
- Escalate areas of process improvement
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by a manager or lead
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; associates degree or certifications preferred
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others while also completing individually assigned tasks
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, and lift equipment or plants up to 50 lbs. for extended periods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Must be able to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements
- Must be able to work in an environment that is 85+ degrees and 70% humidity for extended periods
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product.