The IT Service Desk Analyst will provide technical support to GTI staff. The successful candidate is a highly motivated, dedicated, personable, flexible, highly experienced IT team member who facilities support requests placed by our employees located in retail, cultivation, and offices. The candidate must be able to work independently on a team, and on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
The business hours for the GTI Service Desk are 7am – 7pm CST Mon-Fri. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to work an 8-hour support shift within the designated business hours, in addition to have the ability to work remotely. The candidate will also be expected to become a member of a weekly on-call rotation, for which stipend will be provided.
- Ensures the end-to-end customer experience and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Analyzes and resolves incidents and requests regarding use of application software or hardware.
- Logs and tracks incidents and requests from identification through resolution via ITSM tool (Freshservice).
- Escalate unresolved calls to appropriate internal staff or third-party vendors
- Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
- Create and maintain documentation and training for end users, assist with creation of Knowledge Base articles for the Service Desk, and documentation for IT coworkers (new equipment procedures, fixes, etc.)
- Troubleshooting of IT related incidents from software to hardware, such Laptops, PCs, iPads, smartphones (iPhone, Android), printers and owning them to resolution.
- Ability to listen first and then respond, often explaining and translating technical solutions to non-technical users
- Innate desire to continually learn and grow, as well eagerly share knowledge
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented spirit
- Occasionally visiting retail stores and grow/manufacturing facilities for general maintenance and incident response
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes
- Assume role as a liaison between product vendor support and hosted clients
- 1+ year(s) experience in an IT role OR 2 or 4 year degree with some experience preferred
- The business hours for the GTI Service Desk are 7am – 7pm CST Mon-Fri. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to work an 8-hour support shift within the designated business hours, in addition to have the ability to work remotely.
- The candidate will also be expected to become a member of a weekly on-call rotation, for which stipend will be provided.
- Deep Active Directory knowledge. Creating and maintaining User Accounts, executing password resets, Creating Distribution Lists, in depth knowledge of user provisioning
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft cloud based applications (Office 365 Admin Portal, Azure, SharePoint, Exchange, OneDrive, and Project)
- Proficiency with appropriately handling spam, malware, and third party email security applications
- The ability to not only juggle tasks/projects, but also to handle shifting priorities at a moment’s notice
- Excellent judgement, able to operate with little oversight
- Resourceful in your technical ability as well as responsive and conscientious to employee needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical coworkers
- Strong ability to walk users through fixes and explain concepts to users who have different levels of IT familiarity
- The ability to lift items up to 45 pounds (required in the handling of shipments, server hardware, etc.)
- Provide On-Call after hours support on a rotating schedule with other team members
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time and reliable transportation required
- Other duties as assigned by IT department leadership
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer designation, preferred.
- This role requires to be in-office/on-site
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry