The SVP of Operations is responsible for the overall strategy and execution of our production sites and operations support functions for Green Thumb. This includes setting a clear operations strategy encompassing goals and objectives as it relates to employee engagement, safety, quality, productivity and delivery across 17+ sites in 15 states. You will be responsible for optimizing our network of cultivation facilities, quality, research and development, engineering, construction, and process improvement. This role will participate in overall business planning and innovation and must understand the organization’s current and future capabilities.
The SVP of Operations will be a team player and strategic leader who will work collaboratively across functions to ensure organizational and operational alignment. You will deliver world class production capabilities in this fast-paced and growing organization. The SVP of Operations must be able to engage our 1,500+ production employees around the vision and operations path for the company. This role is based out of Green Thumb's home office in downtown Chicago, however remote work options will be considered.
- Lead the development of a long-term operations strategy and break It down into short-term milestones that position Green Thumb as the highest quality and best cost producer of cannabis products.
- Drive strong engagement and performance of the site and corporate teams through strong vision, prioritization, and communication.
- Advise Executive Management on opportunities and risks associated with operations decisions, product decisions and capital projects.
- Ensure the voice of operations Is heard as decisions are made around brands, new products, acquisitions, etc.
- Provide thought leadership to drive strategy and innovation across the organization
- Provide leadership and guidance on capital projects, Including automation, site expansions and new site builds
- Develop a continuous Improvement mindset in the organization to drive our safety, quality and productivity Initiatives.
- Instill a mindset of compliance to ensure that our actions never put our licenses at risk.
- Develop, update and manage Operations strategic and annual operating budgets in partnership with finance
- Ensure departmental compliance with policies and procedures as required
- Oversee Operations operating budget and ensure investments align to company priorities
- Collaborate and seek alignment with the Operating Committee to ensure all key stakeholders align to Operations initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, MBA or MS preferred
- 15+ years of progressive operations experience required with a minimum 5+ years of mulit site production leadership experience
- Prior experience leading In a consumer packaged good space strongly preferred
- Experience developing a comprehensive operations strategy within a manufacturing environment
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Proven leader with strong strategic and business acumen
- Experience managing large technology teams
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Mastery at establishing strategic service provider partnerships
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities; verbal, written and visual
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Is self-directed, and can identify potential problem areas proactively
- Ability to explain complex operations concepts in simple terms
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must be 21+ years or older
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry