Be part of the cannabis industry for LeafLine In Cottage Grove, Minnesota!
LeafLine is now part of the Green Thumb family! Join us as we broaden access to cannabis products for Minnesota patients, continuing our mission of promoting wellbeing through the power of cannabis.
Be part of our team of helpful and happy, Maintenance Technicians that have a passion in the well-being of others. We offer a great benefits package, vacation time and paid holidays.
At Green Thumb Industries we have a growth mindset and that is grounded in well-being. We believe in the right to have access, options, and most importantly, the safest cannabis products available for the communities we serve. This is the time to join us - we need you to help us create change and new possibilities.
This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of the facility. The Maintenance Technician assists the Maintenance Manager in routine and preventative maintenance of all equipment within the facility, as well as general cleaning and upkeep of the facility itself. The ideal candidate is well-rounded, with some exposure to electrical, plumbing, and HVAC as well as general facility maintenance. You are also a team player – driven by pride in your work and smiles on your coworker’s faces.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, following Company work rules and policies
- Perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs, troubleshooting & preventative maintenance as necessary
- Assist in construction, preventative, routine, and breakdown maintenance and repairs on all equipment in the facility
- Perform routine filter cleaning and replacement activities on HVAC units and other equipment throughout the facility
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Complete work orders as assigned
- Will develop a high level of knowledge concerning equipment in the facility
- Will develop & maintain knowledge of the facilities plumbing, electrical, irrigation, HVAC and security systems
- Ensure compliance with all company policies & required training (Safety, Quality, Regulations, etc)
- Responsible for unloading freight deliveries when needed
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated.
- Research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, in order to meet or exceed goals, and or modify their technique/procedures based on all applicable laws
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by GTI and the state of Illinois while processing patient medicine.
- High School Education or GED required; some college or college graduate preferred
- 2+ years experience in maintenance or similar position preferred
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical and general construction/carpentry
- Highly knowledgeable with hand and power tools
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state regulating agency to receive cannabis agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, crawling, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to work on feet. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so safely with extreme care and caution.