The Real Estate Manager contributes to Green Thumb Industries' success by developing and executing strategic market plans for new and existing markets and drives results that enhance the value of the company’s portfolio.
In this exciting and fast-paced role, you will manage the site selection and acquisition process including location identification and qualification, negotiation, exchange of purchase or lease agreements. This role is also responsible to provide project management and financial oversight in delivering entitlements of new stores; on time and on budget for projects within the assigned territory.
- Analyze markets within assigned territory to determine the best available trade areas
- Scrutinize state and local regulations and zoning codes to determine jurisdictional requirements
- Identify, qualify and perform all necessary due diligence for targeted sites
- Negotiate letters-of-intent and interface with team attorneys for the successful negotiation and execution of leases
- Develop and cultivate relationships with brokers, developers and property owners
- Represent GTI to local governmental entities and the public, including facilitating community meetings and public hearings
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create project deadlines, administer and amend leases, and manage other real estate activity
- Manage deliverables and communication between team members, consultants and attorneys to insure timely openings
- Prepare regular reports and updates on status of all development activities
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results
- Financial planning and market analysis 3+ years
- Real estate deal-making and negotiations 3+ years
- Retail or restaurant new store roll-out 3+ years
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Ready, willing and able to travel +/- 30%
- Knowledge of real estate acquisition and lease process, real estate and contract law (negotiating complex lease provisions), retail real estate markets, real estate valuation, development entitlement processes and best practices of real estate project management
- Disposition to collaborate, as part of a team and work independently
- Effective, efficient and growth mindset
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- “Get-to-yes” negotiation aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Focused with the ability to make effective presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and similar software
- Ability to use mapping/GIS software
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- As a condition of employment, Green Thumb industries is requiring new employees to be fully vaccinated on their first day of employment. This requirement can be met by providing proof of having been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with any of the three COVID-19 vaccines (manufactured by Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) on start date or requesting an exemption at time of offer.
To lessen the impact on our patients, customers and teams and help keep them safe, we will require new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the CDC. For questions pertaining to the Green Thumb vaccination policy, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.