The Director, Social Impact will support the development and execution of the GTI Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Inclusion and Impact Program (referred to broadly as our “Social Impact Program”). The Director, Social Impact will be responsible for strong collaboration with key business functions to identify existing programs and initiatives that fall under the umbrella of the Social Impact Program and then formalize them, as well as to develop future programs and initiatives, in a written Social Impact Program. Representing Green Thumb internally and externally, the goals will include driving awareness and engagement through partnerships with internal and external business partners across supply chain, marketing, people operations, legal, etc.
The role is ideal for someone with a broad knowledge of traditional CSR and Diversity & Inclusion programs, as well as a passion for the ways in which a cannabis company specifically intersects with these ideals, including, but not limited to, social and gender equity, patients’ rights, environmental sustainability and restorative justice.
- Build Green Thumb’s Social Impact Program: Collect information regarding existing Green Thumb programs and initiatives that fall under the Social Impact Program umbrella (including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion work and “Inspire Impact” activities) and create a strategic framework to support the maintenance and expansion of these initiatives as our company continues to expand to new markets with a growing number of employees.
- Ensure compliance with commitments made in license applications that fall under the Social Impact Program umbrella.
- Coordinate with retail leaders, brand managers, and social media to map out a year-long Social Impact calendar to build awareness and excitement throughout the organization.
- Manage existing Social Impact initiatives such as Community Engagement Committees and Green Teams, and create a strategic plan to scale Green Thumb’s Illinois License Education Assistance Program (LEAP) to new state markets.
- Track and communicate Social Impact activities to internal and external stakeholders, including monthly progress updates on KPIs and budget needs to the Senior Leadership Team as well as a quarterly “Social Impact Report” that can be shared with the full Green Thumb team to drive program awareness and communicate results.
- Maintain Social Impact relationships and partner with not-for-profits or other organizations that are aligned with the Social Impact Program’s goals.
- Work closely with social media managers to raise awareness of Social Impact activities, and take primary responsibility for internal communications and the maintenance of the website.
- Advance internal Social Impact and DE&I goals by aligning with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Manage projects from design to launch, liaising with multiple internal business functions across the company, including Legal/Compliance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Communications, People and Operations
- Track developments in relevant regulations impacting the Company, such as incubator requirements.
- Must have a solid understanding and/or drive to learn more on the historical and present context of the cannabis industry to always be assessing how Green Thumb can make a high-level impact both internally and externally
- 7+ years prior experience managing CSR initiatives (as broadly defined in this job description to include Diversity & Inclusion, social equity, and community benefit)
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred but not required; specialized training/educational focus on CSR and Diversity and Inclusion strategy preferred
- Experience implementing small and large-scale CSR activities, such as coordinating volunteer opportunities and event oversight
- Experience in Corporate Sustainability efforts, trends, reporting and programs that impact both corporate reputation and community
- Experience in establishing and building partnerships with non-profit partners
- Media relations experience and strong communication abilities including presentation, verbal, and written skills
- Proven background in external facing position
- Proven expertise managing and owning budgets
- Strong internet research skills, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action
- A passion for learning and a craving to make a difference!
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry