GTI is looking to take our manufacturing operation to the next level by optimizing our engineering workflow process and building out automated production lines in our manufacturing facilities. As the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, installation, vendor selection and management, and startup of our new automated production lines. Our ideal candidate will have previous CPG experience, a strong engineering background, and the vision and project management chops to own implementation of the new system from inception to completion. If you are a problem-solving, agile team player with no ego, get stuff done with excellence human, we want to connect!
This role may be based either in our Chicago headquarters, or in one of our production facilities. Significant travel (50%) is required.
- Research, develop, and propose appropriate new project applications
- Develop tools and templates that feed Engineering Workflow Process
- Assist in facility layout planning and design, including HVAC, environmental controls, managing contractors, etc.
- Manage all aspects of engineering projects from planning to budget, equipment selection, vendor management, processes, project schedules, procedures, systems, to final project handoff and support
- Develop project charters; ensure project objectives, scope, rationale, and success criteria are adequately defined, documented, and approved by key stakeholders prior to commencement of work and budget expenditures
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders such as marketing and R&D to ensure shared goals are met; interacts / engages with senior leadership on project updates, reporting
- Own negotiations, contracts, communications and direction of project system manufacturers, equipment vendors, and internal/external partners.
- Establish and enforce factory acceptance test criteria
- Prepare project status reports; keep management, clients, others informed of project status/related issues
- Responsible for SOP documentation, training, communication, observation program, standards manuals, and other documents as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in a Project Engineering role and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in manufacturing, reliability, continuous improvement, systems engineering, controls engineering, and/or industrial engineering practices
- CPG manufacturing/packaging experience is preferred
- Able to travel (50%)
- Strong verbal / written communication, presentation skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage large-scale projects from conception to implementation
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision; highly independent / flexible setting priorities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks / projects
- Ability to collaboratively lead / influence stakeholders across organizational functions
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry