As Senior Search Strategist, you’ll work as part of an integrated SEO/SEM team to develop holistic search strategy. You will manage the creation, execution, and optimization of paid search campaigns, acting as the strategic SEM lead and advisor for a major national brand.
This role will provide leadership and expertise in account structure and setup, ongoing budget and bid management, and continuous performance optimization. You’ll collaborate across multiple teams and disciplines, present data-driven insights and performance reporting to clients. You’ll be responsible for defining and communicating SEM goals, maintaining client satisfaction, and educating internal and external teams on future priorities and opportunities.
- Work as part of an integrated SEO/SEM team, aligning paid and organic search strategies to reduce costs while maximizing holistic search performance
- Lead the ongoing development, execution, and optimization of SEM strategy for a major global brand
- Own the day-to-day management of multiple campaigns with 1,000+ keywords and $1M+ spend
- Manage budget pacing, campaign setup, account structure, bid strategy, ongoing performance optimization, testing strategy, and anomaly troubleshooting
- Develop consistent account processes and procedures
- Communicate paid search best practices in a concise, easy-to-understand way
- Monitor and analyze performance
- Deliver actionable insights to clients through insightful, visually compelling reports (including implications and strategic recommendations)
- Identify market and consumer trends, telling a story with search data
- Run iterative testing strategies to drive incremental performance lifts
- Map out search tactics and strategies on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Define swim lanes and collaborate with other agencies to avoid cannibalization
- Conduct regular SEM audits and competitive analyses
- Merchandise success stories and identify net-new opportunities to drive performance
- Provide data-driven insights and recommendations to refine our strategy and improve campaign performance
- Be the SEM point of contact for clients
- Stay on top of the latest trends in the search landscape, keeping clients educated and adapting our strategies as needed in response
- 4+ years of hands-on search marketing/SEM/paid search experience
- Proven results increasing traffic, conversions, and revenue from SEM/paid search campaigns
- High proficiency in Google/Bing Ads, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Ads Editor
- Experience managing long-term SEM strategies with multiple campaigns and monthly budgets of $500k+
- Google Ads certification
- Deep understanding of search bidding strategies, automation tools, keyword selection, prospecting vs. retargeting
- Ability to react quickly, assess, and implement solutions
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills, including data visualization
- Excellent analytical abilities with high attention to detail
- Experience analyzing data to uncover insights and identify opportunities
- Passion for staying current in a rapidly evolving digital environment, leveraging new tools and techniques to gain a competitive edge
- Experience with Discovery, YouTube/Video, Display, Shopping/PLAs, and Social campaigns a plus
- Experience with additional search tools such as Search Ads 360, Spyfu, Adgooroo, Marin, Skai, or Google Merchant Center a plus
- Experience with Google Data Studio and other data visualization tools (e.g Tableau) a plus
- Experience in health/pharma verticals a plus
The Talent Team at Critical Mass is focused on ensuring we provide the best training, on-boarding, and employee experience possible! Our new hires & employees are the future of our organization, and we want to set you up for long-term success. In effort to do so, we’d like to establish the ask that you plan to work from an office a minimum of 2 days a week. The ask stems from our want to:
Strengthen opportunity for continuous learning
Improve collaboration and team relationship.
Increase employee engagement
This hybrid model balances the need for individual flexibility while maintaining the relentless customer focus we provide at CM. We understand that not everyone may feel comfortable with this expectation, so we ask that you please let us know immediately if there are any concerns so we can help navigate accordingly.
CM Liquid Talent is still an option for roles approved to be 100% remote.
Critical Mass is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you are an individual with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Critical Mass Talent Acquisition team will only communicate from email addresses that use the URLs criticalmass.com and us.greenhouse-mail.io. We will never ask you to send us money, technology, or anything else to work for our company. If you believe you are the victim of a scam, please review your local government consumer protections guidance and reach out to them directly.
If U.S. based: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams#avoid
If Canada based: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/finance/consumer-affairs.html
If U.K. based: https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights