A unique opportunity to join the Critical Mass team working with our Cupertino based client. We partner with our client’s marcom team to ensure the creative development and execution of world-class communications.
As a Senior UX Designer, you determine the user experience of our clients’ digital products. You have acute self-awareness and deep empathy for both the customer and our clients' goals. Organizing content, developing information architectures, documenting scenarios and use cases, and delivering detailed wireframes and function specifications is your day-to-day.
You’ll own areas of work from design through to completion—including shaping major features and the design and development process—to ensure that work is reviewed for quality assurance and milestones are met successfully and on time.
- Design holistic systems, flows, and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and beautiful through detailed wireframes, visual compositions, and prototypes that communicate design intent and client and user feedback.
- Draw insights from data provided by web analytics and research studies, and turn those insights into tangible design solutions.
- Provide guidance to members of the design team, constantly pushing the quality of our work.
- Collaborate with internal and external engineering teams on all the details that make an experience delightful through the creation and maintenance of design systems or design languages, documentation, and interaction specifications.
- Manage time effectively and execute according to commitments.
- Apply a critical lens to your own work and the work of others.
- Demonstrate team orientation, build rapport with creative teammates, and producers.
- Clearly articulate complex ideas to both the internal team and client.
- Lead mid-level project work from a design perspective with autonomy and authority, facilitating design studios and working sessions to help the teams deliver the best possible solutions.
- Continuously seek to be well-informed regarding new software and design concepts.Understand the process of business development and provide support by conducting relevant research, identifying key insights, and producing pitch materials with guidance from leadership.
- Contribute to team culture by demonstrating a positive attitude, team-oriented approach, leadership qualities, and openness to learning and feedback.
- 6-8 years of related industry experience in UX, product design, new media, information technology, communications, or library / information science.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms.
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven track record of creative thinking and solving challenges with intuitive and engaging design solutions.
- A thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized working style with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced and changing environments.
- A deep appreciation and understanding of user experience, including research, user-centered design techniques, information architecture, usability testing—and applying it to create compelling digital experiences for large scale platforms.
- High proficiency in the use of tools such as Sketch, Omnigraffle, InVision, Principle, and Axure as well as Keynote, Powerpoint, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating creative thinking, problem solving, process, and quality spanning various digital platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with process and business analysis, software development and project processes large scale projects, documentation for development teams, application of content management, personalization, targeting and search systems, and modular design systems.
- Familiarity / experience working with WCAG 2.0 A/AA standards.