As a Copy Director, you are a seasoned storyteller who loves to collaborate with creatives and strategists to bring a digital voice to life.Grasping communication challenges and devising imaginative solutions that are both brilliant and on-brand is what you do.You understand the world-class digital experiences we create and the important role copy plays in them. You’re also a dynamic leader who can champion a creative direction with clients and be an inspiring mentor to junior copy staff.
Copy is your comfort-zone, but you’re always looking to elevate your team to the leading edge of interactive copy. And you can represent the discipline in front of all levels in the agency—from juniors to seniors to management and even exec—to champion the Copywriting discipline. Leadership experience is definitely something you’re looking for—and you’ll get it organizing, managing, and mentoring a group of copywriters.
- Lead a well-casted team to the successful conclusion of an idea and process.
- Mind the budgets, team composition, creative strategy, and business strategy.
- Keep the team and the overall copy discipline aligned.
- Lead concept development.
- Manage staff and conduct performance reviews.
- Strategically cast teams to ensure excellent project delivery.
- Partner with designers, art directors, and creative directors to tackle projects and move the business forward.
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- 2+ years experience as a copywriter in a digital environment including full understanding of interactivity and the Web-Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people.
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Understand how copy can influence creative overall.
- Experience developing Internet commerce, electronic marketing and online brand management and integration, with demonstrated results.
- A keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of Web trends and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective and creative problem-solving skills.