The Platform organization at Box enables developers within and outside of Box to build secure, intelligent, and scalable applications on top of content. Using the APIs, SDKs, and integrations we build, developers can focus on creating great experiences that leverage the same technology that powers Box, including file viewing, security, collaboration, and much more. We currently have open roles on the Preview team.
Do these sound familiar...
- ...with 5+ years of experience
- ...and you are used to crafting beautiful, scalable, and reactive components
- ...for desktop and mobile web?
Are you fanatical about great code, and...
- You stay up at night trying the latest technologies such as React and Angular?
- ...you read the ECMAScript org notes and revel in how you will be able to delete huge code blocks once you move to their latest concepts?
- ...you make to-do lists about how the next code you write will solve even bigger customer issues?
...then your next career success is awaiting you here at Box. All that is left is for you to come and proclaim, "Challenge Accepted!"
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who want to deliver on time and with high quality. Come be among your peers—other bar raisers who are passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
We put the employee-first at Box. We know the formula to delight our customers starts with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly shows are our #1 asset—through a dynamic work environment filled with smart colleagues, modern perks, and additional social activities to encourage everyone to have fun while we do great work.
Our group is a highly collaborative scrum team that directly impacts the experience of 40+ million users. As an Engineer here, you'll impact everything about the way we work, leading projects, making major technology decisions, mentoring other engineers, setting a high bar for excellence, and helping to maintain a supportive and fun team atmosphere.
You'll have the opportunity to own projects and drive architectural, technological, and even product decisions. Help us 10x Box to enhance every piece of Content in the world!
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You understand much of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You have an academic background in computer science, a related field, or the equivalent
And these skills won't hurt either
- You contribute to developer communities like StackOverflow and GitHub
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
Impress us even more and learn our deep dark secrets! Here's some homework...
- Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at
- See how sharing is caring at Box: Fork something at
- Get under the hood: Comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at
- Grab a free account and make your Content more valuable: Hit us up at