WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The File System is not just Box's bread and butter. It's a constantly evolving platform for dozens of clients, thousands of customers (most of the Fortune 500s), and millions of users. Box is focused on bringing its vision for the future of content management to the rest of the working world, and the File System is one of the primary conduits for that journey. That's where you come in.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with Engineering Leadership to develop strategies for evolving the platform to its next generation
- Collaborate with Product Management to help refine requirements and break down complex projects into meaningful shippable units and lead the effort
- Deliver product features to the business
- Improve the current code base and infrastructure
- Model best practices in crafting systems and code with sound architectures, testability, scalability and maintainability
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization
WHO YOU ARE
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in distributed systems
- You have experience designing, building, and deploying high quality software
- You have a passion for building distributed client/server systems at large scale
- Strong coder with demonstrated proficiency in languages like Java, Scala or C++
- Bonus points if you have experience using or building high-scale distributed data stores
- You are excited about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
For more information regarding our benefits, please visit our page .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. The Company strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process and an employee’s employment at the Company.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .