WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Core Data team at Box designs, develops and maintains data stores that underpin all Box services. We process tens of millions of interactions per second on behalf of Box customers. Our three top-level concerns are high availability, strict consistency and low latency (not necessarily in that order). Maintaining a mission-critical service with these requirements demands top-notch operational agility with tools and automations to enable it. We're staffing up an extension of the Core Data team in Toronto to help us strive for this level of excellence. If you're a toolsmith passionate about building ergonomic automations with a particular focus on high-throughput, low-latency, strictly consistent data access service, this job has your name all over it. For more insight into the day-to-day work at Box's Core Data team, please see the following:
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with team members to design novel approaches to addressing observability challenges associated with running Box Core Data services.
- Develop utilities to identify, eliminate and prevent future occurrences of data inconsistencies or corruptions.
- Collaborate with other Core Data teams to integrate tools and automations you build into the ecosystem that powers data access at Box.
- Help define the future of Box Core Data architecture and evolve our systems towards it.
- Effectively communicate the takeaways from the projects you undertake to the Box engineering team as well as more broadly within the industry.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- 4+ years of experience working with software
- Strong understanding of common algorithms, data structures and code design principles
- Strong sense of ownership, persistence and drive
- Interest in high-throughput, low-latency distributed data access challenges
- Passionate about building ergonomic utilities to maximize engineering productivity
For more information regarding our benefits, please visit our page .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. The Company strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process and an employee’s employment at the Company.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .