WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Our Mission: Transform the way Boxers build services so they can deliver awesome products by providing a common platform to configure, deploy, and run Box services seamlessly, securely, reliably, and efficiently in optimal regions of the world.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build and scale layer based on Kubernetes. With Box being an early adopter, supporter, and contributor of Kubernetes, you will work for the company that introduced , , and to the open-source community. Our team owns services and offerings to serve our users with deployment configurations, application management, high-availability setups, migration tooling, and effortless integrations into other platform components such as our service mesh and observability stack. You will be at the forefront of Box's journey to the next-generation, Kubernetes-native infrastructure, including the migration from on-prem, multi-region data centers to Google Cloud (Google Kubernetes Engine).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll architect and lead engineering efforts for new components and services in our Kubernetes-based service platform and beyond.
This means you will
- Work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud, such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Docker
- Be heavily involved in setting the platform vision, defining feature roadmaps, and writing design documents for potential projects
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team and mentor team members to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- Participate in an on-call rotation for the services and components the team owns, triaging and addressing production issues
- Use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion striving for best-in-class development experience
- Engage with Box’s engineering community to build relationships, identify potential areas of improvement and help drive adoption of our team’s offerings
- Collaborate, influence, and drive for improvement across engineering team
WHO YOU ARE
- You love building distributed systems for large scale, high volume applications
- You have in-depth knowledge of how the cloud works and love to share that knowledge with others
- You are passionate about solving complex problems using data-driven solutions
- You have an interest in building internal products with other engineers as your customers
- You believe all infrastructure should be deployed as code
- You have a proven track record of building tooling, automation, and/or services in one or multiple languages (e.g., Go, Python)
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You have extensive experience deploying and operating services in a cloud environment
- You can inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- You have 8+ years of experience
- Nice to Haves
- Experience running deployment automation/configuration management systems at scale, e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or others
- You have led or contributed to open source projects and developer communities such as StackOverflow and/or GitHub
- Certifications for Kubernetes, Google Cloud, and/or other technologies
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our