WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 69% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
Customers trust Box with Petabytes of their business-critical content. The brand new Content Intelligence team will create Machine Learning based systems that empower customers with actionable knowledge about their content. For example, let customers define content-based security policies to prevent accidental over-sharing of their sensitive files. This team will interact with other teams at Box like Shield, Search Relevance, Governance, Conversion, Metadata, etc. This work has significant impact on Box offering and is highly visible both within and outside the company.
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
- Build and manage scalable ML-powered systems that process customer content
- Develop high-quality code that powers distributed backend systems
- Explore data, train and evaluate models
- Build scalable data pipelines and datasets
- Propose system improvements based on data and customer f
- Work with Product Managers and UI designers to translate ML technologies into brand new capabilities that set Box apart from the rest.
- Work with teammates to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid technical problem solving skills
- Experience with building and maintaining Backend systems (Java/Scala/Kotlin, etc) and proficiency in Object Oriented Design
- Familiarity with Machine Learning best practices and experience with popular Machine Learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow/PyTorch/scikit-learn, etc
- Assess, communicate and complete project milestones with manager and team members in a time-sensitive manner
- English language proficiency
Requirements that are Welcome:
- Proficiency in data exploration using Pandas, Spark or a similar framework
- Experience with Natural Language Processing tasks
- Experience with cloud platforms such as GCP/AWS, etc
Candidate will be expected to:
- Understand the product requirements and translate that into technical design
- Design, implement, debug and test scalable software systems powered by Machine Learning
- Build data pipelines, explore datasets, train and evaluate Machine Learning models
- Propose system improvements based on data and customer feedback
- Attend and engage in weekly stand ups, team meetings, manager 1:1s
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, team members and across teams
- Play a role in developing and fostering Box culture in the newly created office
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally
Percentage of Time Spent:
- 70% technical work, including software design, coding, machine learning
- 10% documentation
- 10% bug fixes
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum, Kanban
- Issue tracking tool -Jira
- Knowledge repository - Confluence, Box notes, Google Docs
- Code reviews - GitHub Entreprise
- Version control system - GitHub Entreprise
- CI/CD automation system - Jenkins
- Machine Learning - Jupyter notebooks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our .
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our .