WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
We are a tight-knit team of developers responsible for the foundation of Box's microservice infrastructure and we're looking for an experienced leader. Many of the world's largest enterprises rely on Box for managing their content. Our customers impose some pretty unique scaling challenges on the engineering team in general and on infrastructure teams in particular. As Box is migrating the core of its service from a monolithic PHP codebase to Java microservices, the expectations of our infrastructure grow further still. We're up for the challenge. Are you?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop a deep understanding of Box's business goals and tie your teams' objectives and key results to them.
- Lead a team of thoughtful engineers and help develop their talents.
- Ensure that Box microservice infrastructure continues to support the needs of current microservice developers at Box.
- Grow and strengthen Box microservice infrastructure to accommodate the core application.
WHO YOU ARE
- High ownership mentality is a must – as a manager, you'll be expected to consider any Box problem to be your problem.
- At least two years of experience leading engineering teams is required; infrastructure team leadership experience is preferred.
- Hands on experience with distributed systems and microservice infrastructure is required.
- Strong grasp of Java is required; familiarity with Spring is preferred.
- Familiarity with modern compute infrastructure technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes is preferred.
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting benefits:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our