We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Controllership team at Box Japan KK. This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed regional accounting team, develop best practices and make improvements upon existing processes across a variety of arrangements.
- Manage proper accounting of business activities and lead month-end financial closing
- Ensure proper reconciliation of accounts, resolve and close aging items on time
- Liaise closely with SP&A (Strategy, Planning and Analysis) as well as investigating proper accounting treatment and system flows for new business lines.
- Work with appropriate teams in Japan, Europe and in the US to define the future process, document accounting requirements and participate in user acceptance testing
- Raise accounting issues and coordinate with appropriate teams to drive consistency
- Drive continuous improvement and identify, design and implement scalable processes. Develop and implement best practices that can be used globally
Proficiencies & Qualifications
- Fluency in Japanese (reading/writing/speaking) and business level (reading/writing) in English
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 6+ years of general accounting experience preferred with at least two years of managerial experience required
- US CPA license preferred
- Prior experience working in SaaS industry a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills and ability & desire to mentor and develop the team.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP, internal control procedures, reporting requirements, and SOX regulations.
- Public accounting experience at a Big 4 or a national firm preferred, plus experience working in a fast-growing environment
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, excellent skills in Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite, Concur and Coupa a plus
- Candidate must be highly organized, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with good people skills
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt in a rapidly changing environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by the employees assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified.