Box is growing fast - real fast - and we’re just getting started. Our opportunity is meaningful: 500 million knowledge workers worldwide, struggling to manage, share and secure information trapped in $45 billion of legacy, disconnected systems. Box’s mission is to power how the world works together. Over the past 10+ years, we have completely redefined the way people work together, becoming the market leader in cloud content management. What will the next 10 years look like? Join us and help build it.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic team of former investment bankers, consultants, technology finance professionals, and engineers that enjoy solving the business challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow Box as fast as possible. Our role is to inform and drive some of Box’s most important business decisions by:
- Providing context and connection between functions, across time (quarter, year, multi-year), and among varying levels of data (high-level external metrics to detailed operational indicators)
- Linking that context directly to our corporate and business strategy
- Objectively assessing the impact of the decision on our business
Why Box Needs You
We are searching for an exceptional individual to join our team and support our global Product and Engineering SP&A efforts for $1B+ revenue scale.
Why You Need Box
The position offers a steep learning curve, a platform to inform significant decisions, exposure and accountability to Box’s leadership team, and the benefit of driving strategic projects. You’ll be contributing to Box’s growth with a direct connection between your activities and the success of the business. Are you up for the challenge?
- Embed within the business and provide strategic and operational finance support to leaders within Box’s global Sales organization
- Drive end-to-end financial planning and forecasting (monthly, quarterly, and annual) for top-line metrics and expenses
- Deeply understand and partner with Box leadership to set targets on our most critical growth metrics like sales capacity, pipeline, annual recurring revenue, billings, and revenue
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering leaders to assess and balance resource allocations on a rolling basis in a data-driven, scalable manner
- Provide monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting of financial and operational results and variances to plan, to ensure key drivers, issues, and required actions are deeply understood
- Drive highly-complex ad-hoc analyses, financial models, and business cases to influence investment decisions in product and technology decisions
- Partner with our corporate finance team to deliver analysis and reporting to our CEO, CFO, Executive Staff, Investor Relations team, and Board of Directors
How You’d Spend Your Day
- Managing a sizeable financial portfolio - You’ll actively lead forecasting and financial planning for our Product & Engineering organization. Example: Working with our engineering leadership team to model annual budgets and investments aligned with company goals
- Initiating and authoring insightful financial analyses - Your business partners rely on you to help consider various financial cases and scenarios - you are the point person for building detailed financial models, extracting insights, and providing concise, actionable recommendations. Example: Working with our engineering team to model the financial impacts of deeply technical decisions while helping execs understand the most important levers
- Executing the end-to-end planning process – A significant portion of your role will be focused on partnering with SP&A leadership to build and drive a world-class quarterly and annual planning process. Example: Working with our finance leaders to implement best in class practices, allowing the team, and yourself, to execute efficiently and maximize our impact
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience with time spent in investment banking, consulting, or finance and operations within a top technology company.
- Team environments are your jam; you practice confidence without attitude or ego.
- You are a poised communicator and are not hesitant to voice your point of view.
- You take pride in your analytical and financial modeling skills and enjoy applying them to tackle highly complex business problems.
- You have a reputation for navigating networks of systems and people to find the information you need – but you don’t stop there: You tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and conclusions.
- You’re a structured thinker and have strong command of “the details,” but don’t get lost in them.
- Executing projects end-to-end comes naturally to you.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams and various constituents comes as second-nature.
Box is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.