Box is growing fast, and in order to reach every customer in the world, we need a Sr. Manager to continue to build out an industry leading Capacity and Public Cloud Service Engineering function to scale Box across a robust Hybrid Cloud infrastructure. You will ensure we continue to scale our infrastructure in a secure, reliable, cost efficient way while enabling our developers to move quickly. Are you ready to take this team to the next level?
What will you accomplish: As a Senior Manager, you will own Infrastructure Capacity across hundreds of microservices and multiple Public and Private Cloud platforms, in addition to serving as the Platform Owner of multiple major Public Cloud providers to ensure their secure secure, compliant and efficient usage. You will coach, mentor, and lead an elite team of Capacity & Performance Engineers and Public Cloud Engineers from top companies, while driving strategic alignment up, down, and across the organization.
Some of the key things you will accomplish:
- Continue building and developing a world-class engineering team through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Build capacity and performance big-data analytics, reporting, processes, and automation to ensure efficient infrastructure scaling on our Public and Private Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Kubernetes, multiple Data Centers, etc) across hundreds of microservices
- Manage one of the largest areas of spend at the company by balancing high utilization and cost efficiency of our infrastructure with risk and developer velocity
- Strategic planning for Organic Growth and infrastructure impact of new project and architecture changes
- Build and maintain clear vision, roadmaps, and execution frameworks for continuous capability improvement
- Manage all key operational aspects of our Public Cloud infrastructure, including IAM, security & compliance, health and reliability
- Evaluate and implement Multi Cloud Cloud Management products/software, augmenting by building additional capabilities and management services where needed
- Work across the Engineering and Product organization to power our product roadmap by enabling our developers to onboard to our Public and Private Cloud infrastructure efficiently and securely
The team: Join a diverse, elite team of Public Cloud Engineers, Capacity & Performance Engineers, Data Scientists, Hardware Engineers, Project Managers, and Infrastructure Engineering/Operations professionals with alums from top companies (Ebay, Twitter, Andreesen Horowitz, McKinsey, etc) in solving challenging infrastructure scalability and efficiency issues for one of the fastest growing Enterprise companies.
We move quickly, identify and solve ambiguous problems, and have a lot of fun along the way!
Why you need Box: This is a opportunity to take a top-notch, high performing team with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds to the next level, while working with all major Public Cloud and key Private Cloud technologies across a high growth, high scale distributed system architecture. We are early in our journey with a Hybrid Multi-Cloud infrastructure, and you will have a fantastic opportunity to provide vision and leadership in a space with complex and ever-evolving business requirements.
Who You Are:
- You a have 5+ years experience in people management with a track record of building and scaling high performing teams. You are passionate about coaching and developing your team.
- You highly value building a collaborative, positive culture within the team, and with your business partners
- You have significant experience with Capacity or Performance Engineering, and preferably Public Clouds at scale, with demonstrated success driving continuous improvement and automation
- You have strong experience with large scale production infrastructure and distributed systems
- You are fluent in complex quantitative analysis, and are comfortable optimizing for both technical benefits and cost efficiency
- You are a very strong communicator, comfortable articulating complex technical topics and ideas to a variety of technical and nontechnical audiences, up to the executive level
- You have demonstrated success navigating ambiguity to provide clarity and business results
- You are experienced with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with budget and financial management is a plus
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.