As the Manager of our Infrastructure SRE team, you and your team will own the critical infrastructure services for Engineering to deliver the Box.com platform. Those systems are the key to enabling at a scale deployments and management of both on premise data centers and public cloud. This manager will have the opportunity to lead these environments through a challenging phase of hyper scale.
The Infrastructure SRE team enables secure access for Boxers, managed our configuration management DB, monitoring, authentication and provisioning tooling, as just a host of services. We’re looking for someone that combines technical breadth and depth with strong management chops and wants to help us continue improving our infrastructure services to be fully HA and with automated failover. These services are necessary for both on premise and cloud deployments of Box services.
Why the team needs you:
We're a diverse mix of backgrounds and skillsets and each of us makes a big difference every day. We need someone who knows how to run systems at scale and is passionate about using software to manage them rather than shell prompts. In particular we're looking for a principled leader who can grow, build, and develop the team as our business grows over the coming months and years. You'll work with your team and partner teams to develop and drive a roadmap and make our systems better as introduce new services.
Why you need Box
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. The Infrastructure SRE team is enabling this by increasing developer velocity and ability to scale our services by 10x. That's where you come in!
Who you are
- You have experience running foundational infrastructure services such as LDAP, DNS, and NTP, monitoring and configuration management.
- You've been a hands-on leader
- You value collaboration and think win-win
- You're detail-oriented and curious and when you're faced with a black box - you open it up and figure out how it works
- You effectively prioritize and manage your time and you can communicate effortlessly in any medium - email, Slack, phone, face-to-face - and to any audience from a senior engineer to a vice president
- You want to bring all these talents to work with other brilliant engineers and power a world-wide storage platform!
Here's the fine print:
- You have already spent 3+ years as an engineer supporting Technical Operations and production systems.
- You have knowledge of common DevOps/SRE tools such as Puppet and monitoring and alerting platforms
- Bonus for having managed and built provisioning tools for bare metal and cloud deployments.
- You have already spent 2+ years in a management role
- You are passionate about solving infrastructure problems with tooling and automation
- Security and compliance are top of mind for you
- You have materially improved the operability of the systems you've run - through monitoring, service level management, lifecycle management, performance tuning, and documenting
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest dreams. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and administer their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Box are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.