The Android team at Box
Meet your new teammates. An enthusiastic bunch, with a mission to mobilize a rather traditional workforce. Our apps allow millions of Box customers to work with their content and collaborate with their teams, wherever they are. The Box Android app is often featured on Google play. We also publish SDKs to help our community of developers take advantage of Box's services in their own applications.
As an engineer on our team, you will work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers. All of us are dedicated to help make Box the best place you will ever work at. In fact, that is one of our company OKRs.
How you will grow with us
- Our team is building new mobile centric workflows that are invaluable to Box's core strategy. While our app continues to be excellent at reviewing content and enabling collaboration, these will empower workers to assign and complete tasks on the go. This is the ideal opportunity for you to help craft the architecture and influence early product design
- You can learn with us, as we research and double down on user engagement and growth strategies. Recent experiments that tap into Box's advances in machine learning for serving contextual, intelligent information have been highly successful in growing app engagement
- Most of us are part of mentoring relationships, so we can continue to grow ourselves, and those around us. You can also tap into the wealth of knowledge your highly talented teammates bring
- We love diving into architectural and UX advances on the Android platform. We always try to explore methodologies and tools that enable us to be the high velocity and creative team we are
Our team has a trusting, collaborative, transparent culture. We tend to obsess over our products and love powering our decisions with data. We also place much value in diversity, and hope you bring in your own flavor of awesome!
Things we are looking for
- You have 4+ years of professional software development experience
- You've shipped one or more Android apps and/or SDKs
- You bring significant experience in Android frameworks and Java programming, and a strong knowledge of software design principles
- You are passionate about growing, and developing those around you
- You engage in thoughtful investigation of data to compliment decision making
- You have an academic background in computer science or a related field
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit