Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals. Our 500+ partnerships worldwide include new mobility solutions for people with disabilities, improved services for senior citizens, reduction of congestion at work sites, and improving public transit between suburban areas and city centers, just to name a few.
We are looking for a Senior Data Software Engineer to join Via’s Data team in our R&D center in Sofia. You will be responsible for helping enable mass-scale, highly complex and data intensive operational service.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and support robust, scalable solutions to enhance data capabilities
- Own the development cycle end-to-end – architecture, design, development, QA, deployment and monitoring.
- Build highly scalable, efficient and available data pipelines/solutions, serving our data across the organization and to stakeholders.
- Define standards and development methodologies for the team
- Collaborate with a broad forum of experts and stakeholders, including architects and engineers, to create high quality deliverables
- Increase our analytics capabilities including first, second and third-party data sources
- Monitor data quality, proactively correcting discrepancies ensuring data reliability & accuracy
Who You are:
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Data Software Engineer
- Experience in executing Big Data solutions and in processing unstructured and structured data into column store DBs
- Experience with Data streaming, Kafka, Airflow, knowledge in the Amazon ecosystem
- Have a solid background working with data warehousing technologies, such as Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, Google BigQuery etc.
- Have strong proficiency in SQL and advanced programming skills (preferably in Python)
- Have an ability to work in a complex technological environment
- An independent, self-learner who is passionate about data, understands business processes and can translate business needs into data models.
- Leadership and interpersonal communication skills, eager to build and motivate teams to reach their full potential
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.