Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As our First Site Reliability Engineer at Via you will be dedicated to the support team at Via in Israel.
What You'll Do:
* troubleshooting across service and infrastructure outages and doing root cause analysis in order to find the root cause and perform actions to mitigate the incident.
* Some alerts or incidents will include runbooks with defined steps, but frequently there are unknown alerts or crashes, which requires understanding of the infrastructure and main flow of the vast infrastructure of Via.
* For that you need to be a self learner, problem solver and enthusiastic about technology and DevOps infrastructure.
Who You Are:
* English - High Level
*Good communication skills
* Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
* Self-starter and independent.2+ years of experience in working and troubleshooting production workloads
* 2+ years of experience in Linux.
* 2+ years of experience in AWS Cloud.
* 2+ years of experience in Networking basics - OSI layers, debugging and troubleshooting general networking issues
Scripting skills (python/bash)
- Experience with Kubernetes - any sort of experience in k8s is a big advantage
- Experience with monitoring tools - Prometheus, Grafana, Newrelic, Datadog, etc..
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines - Gitlab, Github actions, Jenkins, etc..
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.