About This Role
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to produce our new scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria, that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
We write a lot of React and TypeScript and yet we are polyglots. If you are coming from a different coding environment, joining our team will be the best way to learn new tech while applying your frontend engineering background.
We use Responsive Web Design, Progressive Web Apps, Material UI, Redux and Jest. We run a lot of Kubernetes, Docker, Git, *Nix, AWS Lambdas, Cloud Functions.
We deploy in Google Cloud and AWS - if you don’t have experience we’re sure you’ll have enough time to learn the cloud stacks.
What You’ll Do
- Develop frontend implementations using TypeScript and the latest Web standards
- Utilise React/Redux and common ecosystem libraries
- Work in small groups with other talented engineers to create visionary UI/UX
- Improve the user experience across Via's platform
- Follow Agile principles and methodologies
- Share your expertise with the team by putting your ego aside
- Make sure that you and everyone around you are growing towards an outstanding group of professionals who share the same passion
- Bring ideas to the table and improve the overall performance of the team
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You are a team player with a knack for utility
- You are motivating and guiding your colleagues towards success
- You are humble and proactive team player
- You have good communication skills and logical thinking
- You are fluent in English
What Catches Our Eye
- You have earned BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- You have good understanding of usability and accessibility
- You have an eye for detail
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.