Via provides turn key transit operations powered by our advanced software - we call it Transportation-as-a-Service (TaaS). As a General Manager of a few TaaS partner cities you won’t be working from a playbook – you’ll be writing it. The GM role in TaaS requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, and leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding entrepreneur to shape the operation of our game-changing services. You’ll need to be an operations expert, a consummate marketer, and an exceptionally creative problem solver.
Note: This role would manage one or more of Via’s TaaS partner cities in North America. The role would be based in New York City.
What You'll Do:
- Own the P&L; set aggressive targets and chase results
- Oversee all operational and financial aspects of managing Via’s revolutionary turn key transit solution in new and existing markets, working closely with Via’s operations, marketing, and technology development teams
- Design operational strategy and push execution; continuously working to scale processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Set ambitious growth goals, then tirelessly work to exceed them
- Be the face of Via; develop relationships with local partners, public officials, key players, and community leaders
- Translate business agreements into fully operational transit systems - similarly, identify operational opportunities and transform them into business value
- Be a leader and work with different team members: foster a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic presence
- Ensure operational excellence, customer satisfaction, and an unbelievable product every day
Who You Are:
- Independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- No-nonsense thinker: you have sound business sense and make data-driven decisions
- Detail-oriented executor: you’re obsessively action-oriented
- An exceptional leader: people love working with you and for you
- Savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- Preternatural entrepreneur: you’re excited to build a new business from the ground up and shape the strategic direction of our company
- 5+ years of work experience, prior P&L management and/or client management experience a plus
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Hold a Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.