As Strategy Associate, you will work to improve mobility for our public transit partners by leading and winning new partnership opportunities for Via through thoughtful, exceptionally-written proposals. Working with senior members of the Strategy Team, you will leverage your deep understanding of potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, and apply your knowledge of Via’s unique technical and operational strengths, to develop high-quality written proposals for effective shared mobility services.
What You'll Do:
- Apply your strategic thinking skills and work closely with Via’s Finance and Expansion Teams to create context-specific mobility service proposals
- Generate compelling original content by closely ascertaining a partner's needs and deploying your familiarity with Via’s technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Lead competitive procurements from beginning to end -- through evaluation, creation of exceptional proposal content, review, and submission.
- Conduct rigorous research on global mobility trends by analyzing news and other forms of information and synthesizing findings into insightful commentary.
- Skillfully manage communications with potential partners over the phone and email.
- Support senior team members during interviews with cities and transit agencies.
Who You Are:
- An exceptional writer and communicator with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe you’ve even won awards).
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility.
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex project while, at the same time, relate each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred).
- Prior experience at a startup, transportation consulting firm, management consulting firm, or in the public sector is a plus.
What Catches Our Eye:
- You have created and published an original and thoughtful piece of content; bonus points if it is on the subject of transit, urbanism, mobility, business strategy, or a related topic.
- You have led (or played a leading role in) the development and win of a business or public sector proposal/pitch/deal/etc.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.