We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our R&D center in TLV. The position is to be part of the engineering team.
Software Engineers at Via are the backbone of our products. They allow us to grow and provide transportation solutions specifically designed for our customers. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of Via and our clients worldwide. At Via you will face algorithmic and computational challenges in order to build resilient, scalable systems that conform to high standards of Software Engineering. You will use the latest cloud platform technologies and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
We are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
What You'll Do
- Take an active role in shaping Via’s architecture, as well as introduce new technologies and standards to the Engineering group.
- Design and implement engineering solutions for our services to grow and scale.
- Build effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions.
- Build and maintain high performance services responsible for the core logic of Via’s routing.
- Work in an agile environment and deliver high-quality code.
Who You Are
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Information Systems Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as a backend engineer (Advantage: Java, Go, Python).
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience.
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (Preferred: AWS)
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?