As a Strategic Operations Associate, you will have the opportunity to gain broad exposure to entrepreneurship, operations management, marketing, and product development. You will work directly with our senior team in Berlin as we expand our service in this market and beyond.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor our rider experience using proprietary technology tools and relentlessly work on improving our service to ensure the best experience for our customers
- Help optimize our service by conducting data-driven analyses and deriving hypotheses for high-value areas of improvement
- Implement and coordinate strategic campaigns to improve identified pain points and continuously measure success
- Contribute to product development, both internal and consumer-facing (e.g., new features for our rider app)
- Support our operations (e.g., by contributing to the management of our electric fleet and our driver experience) and manage our operational support team
- Be responsible for your own set of KPIs and lead your projects from start to finish, including coordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Work on diverse topics across the full range of our business operations, including market expansion
Who You Are:
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Independent self-starter; you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to meaningfully grow Via in Berlin and beyond
- Skilled at communicating professionally with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Enjoy working with data and digging deep to take data driven decisions (and have shown this previously)
- Bachelor’s degree and a record of exceptional academic achievement (ideally in a quantitative field of study)
- Experience in consulting, banking, or a fast-growth startup (ideally 2+ working experience, including internships)
- Fully fluent reading, writing, and speaking capabilities in German and English a must (German on native or bilingual level).
What Catches Our Eye:
- Master’s degree
- Experience in Tableau, MySQL (or other DB language), Alteryx, and Excel
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement and/or leadership a plus
- Prior operations experience
What We Offer You:
- An important role in a fast growing, mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility, plus close collaboration with international colleagues in London, New York, and Tel Aviv
- An amazing office in the center of Berlin with healthy fruits, drinks, and a subsidized fitness club membership
- Above market compensation package
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.