Via is looking for a Finance Associate to be involved in all aspects of its core finance functions in Europe, including managing the accounts payable process, T and E reimbursement process, the month-end financial close, financial reporting and technical accounting research, while driving process improvement throughout the finance organization. A successful candidate will be organized and structured in their thinking, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be motivated to take on new and challenging projects, and be a clear communicator.
What You'll Do:
- Manage finance and accounting projects across Via’s European operations, developing a unique knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole
- Support all aspects of the accounts payable process, T&E reimbursement process, and monthly close, working closely with other members of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational levels
- Scale up the company’s systems and processes as we continue to expand, playing a large role in ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and tax structures
- Partner cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of organization-wide control processes for various functions
Who You Are:
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Willingness and ability to learn complex processes and systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to analyze a problem, pay attention to details, work through a solution, and discuss your analysis
- Background in audit or tax at a public accounting firm, or experience in an accounting role at a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a similar field of study
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in English
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior experience at a large global public accounting firm or a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Working knowledge of Dutch, German, and/or UK GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- Fluency in German
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.