As Field Manager, you are responsible for helping deploy ViaVan's innovative ride-sharing technology in Wuppertal as we expand our European partnerships business. Together with us, you are building an exciting project right from the start and experiencing the dynamics of the rapidly changing mobility industry up close.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of our on-demand shuttle service and ensure the continuous optimisation of the product
- Help to continuously improve our service to guarantee our passengers the best possible experience
- Be the main contact for our corporate clients and guarantee the highest customer satisfaction
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of excellent drivers for our shuttles
- Manage the semi-electric vehicle fleet - including vehicle maintenance and fleet technology optimisation
- Work tirelessly to standardise and improve operational processes and systems
Who You Are
- Native German speaker with advanced knowledge of the English language
- Entrepreneurial attitude - you like to work independently and assume a lot of responsibility
- Desire to work in an exciting market at the interface of mobility and technology, together with a dynamic, international team
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations and develop creative solutions in real time
- A technology apprentice - you like to work data-driven
- Outgoing and communicative - able to always find the right tone in different contexts
- Relevant work experience, as well as a university degree (Bachelor degree required)
What Catches Our Eye
This part-time position (around 20 hours/week) is initially for 12 months, with the prospect of renewal. Place of employment is in Berlin, but this role will require periodic travel to Wuppertal (North Rhine-Westphalia).
We’re ViaVan, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently-designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localised and customisable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernising mobility. Ready to join the ride?
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.