Via is hiring an outstanding Associate Web Designer & Developer to join our NYC team. We believe that great design should influence all aspects of Via, whether through our products and services, advertising, internal tools, or external communications. As a Web Designer & Developer, you will work closely with our Creative Director to design and build exciting, beautiful online user experiences for Via's websites, newsletters, email campaigns, and more.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Explore and drive forward our visual identity; become fully immersed in the Via brand and mission and help us tell our story in a holistic and clear way
- Create engaging designs for Via’s websites and digital communication, and implement the designs using your coding skills
- Work collaboratively across teams to execute a cohesive vision that achieves target goals and objectives
- Successfully present and sell your designs to high-profile stakeholders; incorporate constructive feedback
- Contribute to the corporate Design/UX standards and framework
- Keep up with industry standards to create exemplary project deliverables
- Must have both graphic design and coding experience
- Able to work quickly and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Intimate working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, web color theory, typography, browser capability standards, and brand identity
- Experienced in designing and developing desktop and mobile websites, email templates, and working with a CMS; Experience with WordPress or similar platforms a plus
- Comfortable owning projects from the conceptual stage through to production
- Have a portfolio that shows an eye for detail, understanding of typography, and aesthetic that aligns with Via's brand
- Eager to speak up and provide creative ideas/solutions to Creative Director
- Bachelor’s degree with a high level of academic achievement and 2+ years of professional experience
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.