Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via's mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a premium vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in the United States and in Europe through its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans, ViaVan. Via's technology is also deployed worldwide through dozens of partner projects with public transportation agencies, private transit operators, taxi fleets, private companies, and universities, seamlessly integrating with public transit infrastructure to power cutting-edge on-demand mobility. For more information, visit www.ridewithvia.com.
As Regional Manager Platform Sales - Benelux, you’ll lead our sales efforts in your region by developing and converting sales opportunities with state, local and national transit authorities as well as large private sector transportation providers and fleet owners. Via has dozens of partners globally and we are accelerating this growth with country managers in key priority markets. You will build pipelines of qualified leads and masterfully manage all aspects of the sales cycle, from initial contact to closing. You’ll also become an expert on the Via platform and will partner cross-functionally with teams across the business to drive product and operational improvements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and manage a robust pipeline of sales opportunities in your region with a focus on strategic accounts with state, local and national transit authorities and large private sector transportation providers
- Become an expert on the Via platform; display a deep understanding of its functionality, features, and impact for clients
- Develop insights regarding customer use-cases; position and present Via as an ideal solution for client needs
- Strategically navigate the buying and renewal processes; communicate tactfully and persuasively with stakeholders and budget decision makers
- Over time, ensure customer success team focus on customer centricity, ensuring they are maximizing Via’s value; oversee renewal and expansion process with existing clients
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Finance, Expansion, Growth, and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Over time, build and manage a team of sales and customer success representatives
- Be the face of Via in your region, speaking at conferences, establishing key relationships with the press and advising on local marketing plans
- Actively research the competitive landscape -- identifying market, product, and pricing trends -- and succinctly share findings with key stakeholders to ensure that we’re always one step ahead
- An outstanding track record in enterprise software/SaaS sales (7+ years) or a strong background in transportation (including strong public sector relationships), preferably in fast-paced product-driven environments
- Expertise in prospecting, cross-selling, and developing relationships with senior level officials and executives
- A history of demonstrated quota achievement and consistent territory growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively
- Superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgement -- you know when to push and when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building high-value relationships over time
- An independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- Must be willing to travel 25-50% as needed
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier institution; advanced degree a plus
- Experience at a start-up and/or in the mobility sector a plus
- Location: We are open to various locations throughout Benelux but prefer this person to be based out of Brussels or Amsterdam
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.