Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As a Rider Growth Associate Principal, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, engineers, and marketing specialists to conceptualize, launch, evaluate, and scale growth initiatives designed to grow Via’s user base and increase engagement.
You will work on large and complex data sets to understand user patterns, develop hypotheses and strategies for user engagement and retention, and collaborate with teams across Via to implement experiments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own core growth KPIs (activation, conversion, engagement) in Via’s DC market
- Design innovative engagement tactics and campaigns; oversee creation and implementation of new features, promotions, and online and offline marketing campaigns
- Lead a team to execute initiatives and develop partnerships
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to optimize usability, virality, and engagement of Via’s mobile application
- Respond to and qualify inbound inquiries to our products and services
- Develop insights regarding customer use-cases; position and present Via as an ideal solution for client needs
- Actively research the competitive landscape -- identifying market, product, and pricing trends -- and succinctly share findings with key stakeholders to ensure that we’re always one step ahead
- Strong written and verbal communication - whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively
- Analytics excellence - Data-driven, meticulous, and detail-oriented, with a thorough understanding of key growth metrics and statistics
- Superb commercial intuition and judgement - you know when to push and when to yield to maximize the value of a potential deal
- Passionate and relentless about growth - you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building relationships over time
- An independent self-starter - you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- Organized and independent - you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.