At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Via Human Resources Business Partner you will support the Via employee population in a variety of People Operations functions including but not limited to onboarding new hires, supporting continuous employee development, implementing new company policies and maintaining internal People Ops systems. Ultimately, you will ensure our People Ops initiatives are cost-effective, run smoothly and contribute to a healthy work environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases
- Implement and champion company policies
- Implement functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
- Oversee our payroll and performance evaluation systems
- Review and update our employment contracts and agreements
- Track key HR metrics like cost per hire and retention rates
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new employees
- Coordinate employee training and development initiatives
- Ensure our record-keeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
- 3-7 years’ HR / People Operations experience, preferably with a startup company
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Strong Knowledge of Excel, Google Calendar and other basic IT skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Proven work experience in an HR Operations or similar role
- Good knowledge of labor laws
- Experience designing compensation and benefits packages
- Ability to develop clear and fair company policies
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- Experience in designing compensation and benefits programs
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools
- BS in Human Resources Management or related field; MS is a plus
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.