BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
ABOUT THE ROLE…
Pure Storage France is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join the Sales team in Northern Germany. In this role, you will leverage your technical expertise to pilot the sales & adoption of our PURE solutions with prospects and existing customers in the ENTERPRISE/Large Accounts space. You collaborate with customers to understand their business goals, their pain points, and propose creative solutions in collaboration with our key alliance partners. You will work closely with other pre-sales, sales, partner sales & enablement, marketing, and leadership team members to help develop and grow business with the full PURE portfolio of solutions.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Develop an exhaustive understanding of what drives a customer’s business and what motivates their decision making
- Pre-sales support including product & solution technical proposal & configurations, proof of concept of Solutions including products, plugin and monitoring tools installations
- Bring to light the advantages of a Pure Storage solution passionately
- Refine sales strategy and tactics, taking command of technical responsibilities
- Supporting Sales actions on white space & customers install base,
- Actively collaborating with Marketing teams around Webinars, Collaterals or Marketing event actions,
- Supporting Partner enrolling and training actions in your effective Area
- Leading initiatives within the Presales team, coaching juniors,
- Participating in prospective analyses in order to open new business opportunities.
- Delight customers and teammates with your technical leadership and domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the SAN, NAS, Object and Containers products spaces
- Build and deliver technical product and architecture presentations with vigor to customers and lock in the technical win with clients and prospective accounts
- Manage deeply responses to tenders, RFI & RFPs
- Liaise with product and technical marketing to produce materials (i.e. whitepaper, web presentations) that support overall alliance plans and objectives
- Stay current with the competition and ensure that materials accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution positioning
- Move with market trends and competitive landscape to promote thought leadership within our organization
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Pre-sales experience is required
- 5+ years experience supporting the sales of Enterprise storage and backup solutions, networking or systems solutions to a combination of mid to large enterprise accounts and data centers
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and implementation of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions
- Prior experience in targeting new prospects and converting them into clients
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, NVMeoF, SAN, Object S3)
- UNIX OS, NFS, SMB file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Strong knowledge of digital transformation to a Cloud Native architecture, On-Prem, Public Cloud, Provisioning Automation, and Containers
- Knowledge of Virtualization as VMWare, Hyper-V, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- Open minded and team building behavior with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives)
- Application and backup software knowledge is highly desirable
- Business fluent German and English required
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.