BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Cloud Native Professional Services Technical Design Architect, Portworx
Portworx is an industry leading data management platform for Kubernetes. It helps businesses deploy and run databases in containers in any cloud, on any infrastructure, in any flavor of Kubernetes. It’s one of those rare products that creates real lightbulb moments for customers.
We are looking for a Senior Architect to join our rapidly expanding PortWorx Professional Services business. As a Senior Architect you will utilize your strong technical competencies to deliver complex service engagements, architect pre-sales services designs, help build and scale our delivery capability through partners, and evangelize and test new services. The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates. Preferred candidates will have hands-on experience in a production Kubernetes environment; building and operating containerized solutions. Applicants should have a mastery of containerization with a strong understanding of DevOps practices. They must understand the cloud-native technology landscape and have hands-on expertise in Kubernetes Environments.
This is a proactive, engaging, customer-focused, problem-solving position. You will be solving the most cutting-edge technical challenges in a demanding, fast paced environment. Be organized, attentive to detail, and ready to grow with a growing business.
Our Cloud Native Services Architects work with customers, sales teams, engineering and Pure partners to:
- Understand prospect’s technical needs related to their kubernetes deployments
- Provide technical consultation/education to the sales teams and keep them apprised on new PX service offerings and solutions.
- Support services sales efforts to position and sell the right services to customers to accelerate their time to value
- Support and execute the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped and subsequently sold.
- Evaluate partner proposals for PX services to ensure they deliver quality and value for money to Pure.
- Develop scripts for both integration of Pure storage into a customer’s operational environment and the automation of replication, clustering, cloud and data migrations.
- Evangelize and help engineer new service offerings that can bring value to our customers and the PX business
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE
- In depth experience deploying and troubleshooting Kubernetes environments
- Familiarity with other container orchestration platforms
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator qualification or equivalent experience.
- Strong Linux skills and experience.
- Strong expertise in containerization, and DevOps tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and CI/CD.
- Expertise and working knowledge of Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware, AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Understanding of open source databases and modern data platform technologies as they relate to highly available business applications on-prem and in the cloud.
- Experience with HA deployments for modern scale out databases and data processing solutions like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- Comfortable consulting on customer sites related to complex solutions
- Strong, clear, communication skills.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Willing to travel to customer sites as needed to support this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Must be located in the United States
Pure Storage applies a geographic based pay structure depending on an employee’s location.
For applicants located in Colorado (as required by SB19-085):
- The annual base salary range is: $104,000 - $156,000. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
- The annual base salary range is: $136,000 - $204,000. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.