Manager – Design Womenswear (Fast Fashion-RAPID Brands)
Roles and Responsibilities
RAPID brands operate across various vertical ranging from Men Casual Wear, Women Western Wear, Women Ethnic, Loungewear, & Kids. Candidate will work for Design function of Womens Westernswear vertical. The role will be responsible for end to end design activities E.g. conceptualization for the Season’s clusters, developing new styles, prints and garments in alignment with the market trend.
- Research seasonal trends, colours, prints, fabrics, and styling as per the brand requirement.
- Contribute in product concepts development
- Leveraging technology tool to identify the latest trends for design inspiration.
- Responsible for sketches based on seasonal concepts and rendering the same with appropriate color/prints
- Maintaining line sheets for seasonal range plans
- Responsible for detailed techpacks that illustrate design and construction details
- Collaborate with Buying and Sourcing teams for effective design development
- Conduct fitting sessions in collaboration with Tech team
- Fabric/print/surface design follow up and approvals
- Execute timely on Monthly calendar deadlines
- Participate and lead new business initiatives (product launch, Visibility improvement, Consideration improvement, Competition benchmarking, Drop/ Style performance etc)
Qualifications & Experience
- 5-9 years’ experience and Grad/Post-grad from NIFT/FMS/ NID
- Person with Design sense and quick to pickup market / current selling trends.
- Demonstrates high level aesthetics and creative ability with a strong understanding of youth culture
- Well rounded experience in Womenswear / Apparel design
- Strong organisational skills and highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work in fast pace & dynamic environment
- Strong organisational skills detail-oriented, Ownership, strong communication, articulation of ideas, team player and team management skills.
- Liaison with multiple stakeholders
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to handle work independently with minimal supervision
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop