Senior Product Manager for Platforms
Myntra’s product management team builds technology products that empower our customers’ shopping experience and enables the smooth flow of products from suppliers to our customers’ doorsteps. We work on areas such as building massive-scale internet-applications, engaging user-interfaces, big-data analytics, mobile apps, workflow systems, inventory-management etc. Using technology & design every employee has the immense power to have an incredible impact in the life of Indian consumers. You will have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing organization and gain exposure to all the parts of a comprehensive ecommerce platform.
You will be a part of - Growth Team leading Platforms
We are looking for an experienced Product Leader to drive the Platform Charter at Myntra. The Platform team’s responsibility is to build capabilities which enable StoreFront Product Teams to build their use cases faster, thereby allowing Myntra to Go To Market Faster and at Scale. As the Platform owner, you will be responsible for shaping platform capabilities for Android, iOS, Mweb & Web and drive initiatives such as cross platform development frameworks, cross platform analytics and attribution, identity & security as well as some of our forward looking bets targeting the next 200M customers in India - such as voice, chat, vernacular, new HCI paradigms.
As the Product Leader for Platforms, we are looking for someone who can see the big picture , set audacious goals and build the product vision and roadmap to make Myntra the top digital fashion & lifestyle destination for India. The desired product leader should have a deep understanding of building complex technology systems, have a passion for building platforms which are extremely forward compatible and a strong understanding of product design.
This charter will work very closely with all storefront product managers, engineering , design and data science. The desired product leader should have strong people and relationship skills in-order to build a winning partnership with all stakeholders.
As a charter in the growth team, we take pride in speed & scale and the desired leader should have the right frameworks to make tradeoffs to build the right platform capabilities at the right time which enable speed & scale.
If fashion, lifestyle & ecommerce is your passion and you thoroughly enjoy finding creative & analytical ways to scale a company’s growth, then this could be perhaps one of the most exciting challenges to take on! In this mission critical role, you will help define the future of fashion & lifestyle ecommerce.
- Inspire and influence the team by describing and then reinforcing the product vision, strategy and goals.
- Lead the team through the process of platform solutionizing, evangelising, prioritisation and rapid execution.
- Be a key part of a dedicated team with designers, engineers, analysts and data scientists to deliver an amazing experience to both our end customers as well as our internal product customers.
- Communicate the Platform Strategy and the work of the team through regular presentations to cross functional stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Work with UX & design partners to understand and empathize with the evolving needs of Myntra product & business teams whilst also keeping the end customer in mind.
- Work with data science and analytics counterparts to build business cases and interpret AB test results.
- Be responsible for the product vision & roadmap for platforms at Myntra.
- The opportunity to make a dent in the Indian ecommerce history. Myntra is the market leader for fashion & lifestyle ecommerce. We have an ambitious vision for the next 5 years and user growth is a cornerstone for making this vision come to life.
- You will have a unique opportunity to help people express and live their best life through fashion!
- The chance to innovate. We’re breaking new ground with the use of machine learning and other data-driven projects, and you will collaborate with world-class technologists who are leading in their fields, determining together what is possible.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Customer Obsession. A drive to know more about customers than they understand about themselves.
- 5+ years experience in product management with agile teams.
- 3+ years working in building platform products
- Solid understanding of building platforms and identifying forward looking use cases.
- Deep understanding of technology , systems design, technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- An entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions. Thrives in ambiguity and a fast changing environment.
- Ideate and execute on viable scalable solutions that are built keeping the long term in mind.
- Strong business, analytical, data, and troubleshooting skills. Creatively solve problems by identifying real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Deep familiarity with both quantitative & qualitative research methods including AB testing, data analytics, and user research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outcome-oriented mindset. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence cross functional stakeholders.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills (preferred).