About Deliveroo Editions
Our mission is to transform the way you shop and eat, bringing the neighbourhood to your door by connecting consumers, restaurants, shops and riders. . We are transforming the way the world eats and shops by making access to food and products more convenient and enjoyable. We give people the opportunity to buy what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas
Great people help to drive our business forward and we are always looking for more to join our sites. If you don’t have the exact experience, that’s okay, we’d still love to hear from you.
Does this sound tasty to you? Take a look at our Assistant Site Manager role and apply below to join the Roo family.
About the role
The Assistant Site manager role covers different tasks across the Editions site. You will oversee the site, ensuring a smooth running of the operation, including taking charge of dispatch, collaborating with all restaurant partners to deliver food inline with our goals and partnering with riders. You will work with and directly report to the Site Manager
An important part of this role surrounds your ability to step into any of the roles on site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive KPIs and profitability.
- Conduct weekly kitchen audits to ensure safe trading.
- Conduct monthly Health and Safety audits for the site.
- Produce daily and weekly reports to the partners and towards higher management.
- Ensure the site standards are followed on site on a daily basis.
- Work with the Site Manager to maintain and deliver standards
- Manage a team of 4 or more.
- Opening and closing responsibilities.
- Log maintenance calls and working with contractors.
- Communicate with chefs and partners daily.
- Manage ancillary stock and orders.
- Work with Partners chefs,dealing with customer queries.
- Manage labour cost and P&L.
- Resolve live issues.
Who we are looking for:
- Food Safety & Health and Safety compliance requirements: Food Safety, First Aid and Fire Marshal (training provided if required)
- Hospitality background with management experience.
- Flexible working schedule to work over evenings and weekends.
- Comfortable with working with applications, systems and docs such as spreadsheets
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Communicate at all levels.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Personal licence (training provided if required)
What to expect from the interview process
- Step 1: apply for any role you'd like to be considered for - we'd love to hear from you!
- Step 2: if your application is successful, one of our recruitment team will be in touch to say hello and understand more about your experience
- Step 3: if we decide to progress your application, you will be invited to two video interviews with our two of our hiring managers
- Step 4: We'll come back to you quickly after your interview to let you know the outcome!
- 5% discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, increases with length of service
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Life assurance
- Access to discounts in other companies via our benefits portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Company paid team meals and nights out
- Online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Clear career development path
- Subsidised health insurance & dental insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
Workplace and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.