We are looking for a seasoned, dynamic SVP Strategy to join our Executive team and serve as strategy lead for our largest portfolio of accounts. In this role, you will be leading executive-level customer experience strategy across our client’s brand ecosystem in the areas of insights and culture, omnichannel retail, ecommerce, connected data, technologies and platforms. You’ve likely worked as part of a digital or technology consulting firm, you are a digital native, and you thrive on what’s new and next – striving to always stay one step ahead of our clients and at the forefront of our industry.
In partnership with the account leadership team, you will be at the helm of 100+ people across North and Central American offices helping shape the foundation and future of customer experience with our client. You will be a key point of contact for Sr clients, as well as part of an Omnicom integrated agency leadership team. You will be located in Nashville alongside the key clients and our client facing team. You will work to elevate the end customer experience and solve complex business challenges in all aspects of the customer ecosystem including digital platform work, marketing science, content development, immersive and mixed reality, technology platforms/innovation and digital campaigns. You will be responsible for working with clients to collect business objectives, set and manage expectations, connect projects in with the brand’s overall business and marketing objectives and ensure the work and team are tracking toward the vision and roadmap set forth.
In your previous experience with client’s, you’ve learned to navigate internal politics and matrixed multi-stakeholder organizations. Your familiar with the client-side silos that can become barriers to delivering great customer experiences and you have proven processes and methodologies to breakthrough. You are skilled at consensus building, and have a special touch when it comes getting clients and internal teams all working toward a shared vision. You remove subjectivity from the equation by grounding your strategies, recommendations, and optimizations in data and have perfected the balance between art and science. You use these frameworks to unravel the complex realities of our client’s business, help with business priorities and opportunities and to ultimately elevate the end customer experiences.
You bring a professional and structured approach to business and strategy that reflects the culture, service and capabilities of Critical Mass championing best in class work on behalf of the agency. You will be measured on the quality and value of your thought leadership, your ability to nurture relationships at the senior most levels of the client organization, and success at delivering new types of value to our clients in the areas of agency capabilities, organizational change, ecosystem opportunities, new products and services, etc.
- Build strong, relationships with senior clients and Omnicom leadership team, through a superior understanding of clients’ business issues, marketing, industry, technology, competitors, and brands. Partnering closely with individuals with varying degrees of digital knowledge and experience to become their consigliere
- Develop and communicate innovative, creatively brilliant, hardworking ideas that move the client’s brand, business, and the client/agency relationship forward. Developing best-in-class case studies from these
- Provide vision, inspiration, and strategic thought leadership to both the agency team, and the clients
- Engage a multi-disciplinary leadership team to ensure work is meeting/exceeding client expectations; organic growth opportunities are being nurtured; and value-added thought leadership is being delivered on a regular basis
- Ensure a collaborative approach internally and across agency partners to ensure happy and productive working relationships
- Be an executive contributor to the strategy discipline and the global leadership team
- An industry veteran with 15+ years of experience and have worked on accounts in excess of $20M+
- A digital native, with a breadth of understanding of the facets within that landscape, including a practical knowledge of how to deliver modern, dynamic digital and technology-based solutions
- Proven ability to establish and nurture strong and productive client relationships from C-suite downwards, with individuals with varying levels of digital knowledge. A trusted partner
- A brilliant operator – at ease working on challenging business of scale, complexity and/or pace - gets it done brilliantly. A cool head – doesn't deal in fuss or drama
- Creatively fluent. Recognizes good work (and has a track record of being associated with it), sets the bar high for greatness, and will nurture and push to deliver it. Understands how to inspire and motivate creative teams. Can also pick their battles and be pragmatic when the brief demands it
- Highly collaborative in approach – with clients, across disciplines, and across sister agencies. Not a lone wolf, or an empire builder
- Keen understanding of the ever-changing media and digital landscape with a point of view on the trends that are pushing the industry
- A strong communicator and skilled storyteller
- Tenacious and brave at their core
- Smart and nimble with an incredible work ethic. Sets the bar high for themselves, and their team. Highly accountable.