AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
As the DCS (Distributed Control System)/BMS (Building Management System) Controls Maintenance Engineer, you will report to the Control Systems Specialist – Critical Environments (who is based in our HQ in Sydney), and work closely with the rest of the Critical Environments team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will provide technical expertise relating to the DCS with a heavy emphasis on maintenance and system optimisation
- You will provide a risk mitigated plant optimisation strategies
- You will ensure that the existing systems are maintained to the highest possible standards with the ultimate goal: a fine-tuned control system that provides information that can be heavily relied on and quickly address, prevent and/or anticipate any system errors that may arise
- You will be part of a wider in-sourced DCS Maintenance team supporting infrastructure across the whole of Asia
Your Day to Day
- Fully maintain the DCS from the server down to the field controller and devices as it relates to the monitoring and/or control of the AirTrunk critical infrastructure across multiple sites as per the maintenance scope of works
- Fully maintain the CMS from the field controllers to the field devices across multiple sites as per the maintenance scope of works
- Fully accountable for the efficient operation of the DCS and its reporting platform(s)
- Liaise with site operations teams when conducting maintenance works remotely and ensure open lines of communications with the site teams at all times when working on their facility
- Liaise with 3rd party providers to ensure that the firmware(s) are updated to the latest that can be supported by the devices
- Use and analyse vast amounts of data to generate conclusions and/or recommendations, e.g. analytics-based maintenance approach
- Provide continual improvement and complete DCS related projects that provide system optimisation or enhancements that benefits the operation of the datacentre facility
- Plant/system optimisation and energy efficiency initiatives
- Ensure communications protocols are running at its optimum efficiency and address any issues that causes communication lags or processor high utilisation
- Attend to DCS controls-related incidents and events, including event investigations, root cause analysis and problem management
- Assist in the successful resolution of post construction controls related defects
- Provide L1 to L3 technical support to site teams, and other site locations as required within the response priority SLAs
- Conduct daily system backups of the database in accordance with the data retention requirements of the AirTrunk ICT requirements and specifications
- Ensure that system baselines, safe works practices and change management are adhered to
- You have 5+ experience in the maintenance, programming and integration of Tridium Niagara based control systems (essential); data centre experience preferred
- You have a working knowledge of HVAC, Electrical, UPS and associated plant and the difference automation protocols, e.g. BACnet, Modbus, DNP3, etc.
- You can write code from scratch and fully understand/reverse engineer existing code
- You can interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications
- Ideally, you have experience working with other controls systems such as SCADA, Reliable Controls, Schneider Electric SmartStruxure, Honeywell EBI, etc
- You have hands-on experience in plant optimisation and tuning
- You have strong computer and networking skills
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to interact with all professional levels within an organisation
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ideally, you have a working knowledge of SQL, PowerBI, TableAU
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**