Want to be a part of Asia Pacific & Japan’s (APJ) largest data centre business and ‘Grow@Hyperscale’?
AirTrunk is a technology company with a powerful purpose - to scale and sustain the relentless growth of the region’s digital future. We do this by continuously redefining and delivering hyperscale data centres that meet the needs of our customers, the world’s most transformational companies. And we’re doing so sustainably, for today and tomorrow.
Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in 2017, we set our eyes on rapid expansion and now operate a platform of hyperscale data centres across the APJ region. With backing from our investors, including Macquarie Group, this is just the beginning…
Join us at AirTrunk, where the cloud meets the ground.
Are you an Electrical, Mechanical Engineer or Trade specialist with transferable skills, looking for a new and exciting career opportunity outside of your current sector? As we continue to grow, we are seeking expressions of interest for more people to join our teams across all of our locations - Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Johor Bahru.
As the Technical Services Manager (TSM) reporting to our Senior Technical Service Manager (STSM), you will work closely with our Operations team including Building Services Manager (BSM), making an impact in a number of ways:
- Supporting the STSM in relation to all aspects of data centre operations to achieve 100% uptime and compliance with customer SLAs
- The primary point of contact for the site Facilities Provider, supervising FM Services, Smart Hands & Security vendors as well as any other third-party vendors (including soft services) engaged directly by AirTrunk
- Supporting the BSM in property related services
Your Day to Day
Either a portion of the data centre site or a portfolio of customers will be allocated to each Technical Service Manager (TSM). The TSM then runs this sub-section of the site, reporting and raising issues/tasks to the STSM as required;
- Lead and manage all aspects of the planning and coordination of all preventive maintenance and repair works; OPEX budget, ensure change management, incident management procedures and safety requirements are followed; coordinate activities as required with customers
- Coordinate with the Development team to run construction activity and installations, to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards
- Ensure adherence to site operating procedures (SOP, MOP, EOP, security) and any other documentation required by law, e.g. RA, SWMS and EHS
- Ensure compliance with site held accreditations, including, but not limited to, ISMS, ISO9001, ISO14001, SOC2, PCI
- Maintain compliance with local regulatory requirements including environmental, building, fire, electrical, hydraulic, occupational health & safety
- Monitor and manage the performance of outsourced services vendors and contractors, including cleaning, gardening, etc.
- Primary operational contact for customers and local point of escalation during emergency events and day-to-day operations. Issue change and incident notices as when required
- Attend witness testing of all equipment during commissioning to validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation
- Manage the provisioning of data centre services including connectivity, power services, deployment and any additional services to be delivered to customers
- Lead minor capital projects for customers/internal purposes
- Supervise operational metrics, data and analyse risks
- Conduct regular property inspections, including all critical facilities, building, fixtures, fitting which include concrete or structural elements and architectural finishing supporting by the Building Services Manager (BSM)
- Ensure the data centre operations including general cleaning and security are well maintained
- Implement and administer inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplier
- 5+ years of mechanical and electrical experience in data centres (preferred but not essential), facilities, engineering operations, semiconductor, trades or related fields
- Excellent collaborator with strong communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin is a plus
- Ability to establish and review Method of Procedure documents, maintenance reports, incident reports, emergency event summaries, root cause analysis reports, and O&M manuals
- Able to read and comprehend single line diagrams
- Ideally, successfully run 3rd party service providers and negotiate quote/pricing for services
- Familiar with working with Customer Portals, BMS, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems. CAD is a plus
- Exceptionally flexible, forward-thinking and motivated by change
- Effective customer management skills and meeting chair experience
The AirTrunk Culture
Working at AirTrunk is a once in a lifetime opportunity to fast-track your career and make a positive impact. At AirTrunk, we’ll help you Grow@Hyperscale.
The pace of our industry means you’ll feel an electric atmosphere at AirTrunk. We are a team of challengers and collaborative problem solvers who break new ground every day. We do this by living our values; going above and beyond, and being dynamic, transparent and responsive.
Every AirTrunker brings their own unique background and diverse perspective to find solutions to problems that matter. We’ve created a flexible and safe working environment where everyone feels welcome, heard, and equal regardless of age, disability, gender, gender expression, marital or parental status, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
With a range of exciting employee benefits for you to choose from, we’ll help you stay positively charged in both your work and life.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**